Presidential Communications (Secretary Martin Andanar, Transportation (DOTr) Secretary Arthur Tugade, Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Mark Villar, Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia, Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella, and Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) President and CEO Vince Dizon held a press briefing at the New Executive Building in Malacañang on Thursday.
They said that the Duterte administration is keen in resolving the traffic, unemployment and increasing price of food by building many infrastructures in different places of the Philippines. Prioritizing infrastructure would also boost the economy of the country.
The government expected to spend trillions of pesos for infrastructure from 2016 to 2022.
DPWH Secretary Mark Villar showcased the planned major projects of President Duterte administration that expected to be finished within six years.
1. Sta Monica-Lawton-BGC Link Bridge: It will allow cars to enter BGC from Ortigas. They believe that 100,000 cars would reduce in EDSA when the project finished.
2. UP – MIRIAM – ATENEO Viaduct in Quezon City: It will decrease travel time in Katipunan and CP Garcia by 80%
3. Iloilo-Guimaras-Negros-Cebu Link Bridge: This project cost $1B. When this project finished, people can now travel in Iloilo, Guimaras,Negros and Cebu via land transportation.
4. Davao City Bypass Construction Project: When this project finished, the travel time in Digos, Davao Del Sur from Panabo, Davao Del Norte would be lessen by 1 and a half hour.
￼5. North Luzon Expressway – South Luzon Expressway Connector Road: This will lessen the travel time from Alabang to Balintawak
DPWH is determined to finish all this projects before President Duterte term ends.
DOT Secretary Arthur Tugade also showcased the planned projects of the Duterte administration to boost the transportation via land, air and sea.
1. Manila-Clark Airway: 35km railway that will fasten the transportation from Manila to Clark, Pampanga. According to Tugade, it will guaranteed 1 hour travel from Metro Manila to Clark International airport.
According to Tugade, President Duterte is hopeful that even the 200KM phase 1 of Mindanao Railway Project would be completed.
3. Metro Manila Rapid Train System: It will result to a faster and more scheduled bus along EDSA and other major roads in Metro Manila.
4. Regional Airport Development: This project is focused in rehabilitating and improving the facilities of Regional Airports in Visayas and Mindanao to give more flight schedule in regional airports.The project also targeted the improving air conditioning facilities, improving toilet comfort facilities and to widen the approaches.
5. RoRo Ports Development: The project focused for improving the facilities of the RoRo ports.
(BCDA) President and CEO Vince Dizon also showed the planned project of BCDA during the Press Conference.
1. Clark International Airport New Terminal Building: The first world-class airport in the Philippines. It will also decongest the traffic in NAIA in Manila.
2. Clark Green City: A long term solution to reduce traffic and congestion in Metro Manila. They believe that Manila don’t have any space left in Metro Manila so they planned to build an alternative place in Clark City.
3. BGC to NAIA Bus Rapid Transit System: it will guaranteed the travel time from Fort Bonifacio to NAIA without traffic or delay within 15 minutes.
4. Subic-Clark Cargo Railway Project: It will connect Subic Port and Clark Airport to lessen the trucks in Metro Manila and cheapen the price of the transported goods.￼
The Emergency Powers of President Duterte would fasten the development of this infrastructure project, but according to Sec. Tugade, even without the Emergency Powers, all projects that the Duterte administration planned is going to continue.
Source: Presidential Communications of the Philippines, RTVM